Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I Am Doing A New Thing

Spencer Moreau


I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea. I called forth the mighty army of Egypt with all its chariots and horses. I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned,  their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick. “But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
-Isaiah 43:16-19 (NLV)

I absolutely love this passage because of the excitement I get when I read it. God has blessed our church in a huge way. Our services are growing and we’re baptizing more and more people. That is something to celebrate, but with more people comes more difficulties in the details, like making room for everyone to park. So as a staff, we feel that God is calling us to a new thing, the next step for Casa View. So as we grow, I would like to challenge you all to keep being the incredible people that you are. Continue to love and accept everyone who walks through our doors, be welcoming and helpful to our members in need, get to know the new members of our church, keep inviting your unchurched friends, and keep on pursue the life Christ calls us to. Casa View is God’s church, and He has incredible plans for it.

Father, thank You for the incredible things You have done in the life of Casa View. This church belongs to You, and we want You to lead us as we take this next step. Give us opportunities to reach people for You and share the love of Christ with people we come in contact with. In Jesus Name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment