Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Body of Christ

Spencer Moreau


Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 12:12-26

When I was young, my brother Chandler and I were really into soccer. In the living room of the house we lived in there was a long hallway type area behind some of the furniture. So naturally, as two young boys would do, we would play soccer in that narrow hallway and use the two doorways as goals. One day as we were playing, I went to kick the ball that had rolled under a wooden table next to the couch, and I guess my foot-eye coordination was off that day… I kicked the leg of the table instead of the ball and broke my toe. After getting it wrapped at the hospital, I had trouble walking and had a bad limp for weeks. All this to say, there are so many parts to the human body, and every part has a specific role. And even when a little toe is out of commission, it affects the whole body. In 1 Corinthians, the writer talks about how the body of Christ, the church, is the same way. All of us in the church have different roles and parts, not one more important than another. And when one of us is struggling, if we are unified, all of us should feel it. So as you read this devotional and pray about our capital campaign, also be praying about the role God has for you in the church if you haven’t already. The church can only function God’s way if the members of the body are using their gifts and talents in the church for the glory of God. Only then will we continue to reach people for Christ.

Father, thank You for Your church and the incredible people who are part of it. I pray that You would reveal to me how I can use my gifts and talents to further Your kingdom at Casa View Baptist Church. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment